Proper Total Alkalinity Levels
80 – 120 ppm standard level or 80 – 180 ppm locally
Products That Can Be Used
Muriatic Acid -- (goes faster, cheaper, but can burn your skin)
(USE EXTREME CAUTION WITH THIS PRODUCT)
Dosage: 1 pt. per 10,000 gallons will lower alkalinity approximately 10 ppm
Minus -- (safer, pre-dissolve in water before adding to the pool)
Dosage: 2 pounds per 10,000 gallons will lower alkalinity approximately 10 ppm
What To Do
1. Shut off pump and allow water in pool to get still.
2. Add ph Down or muriatic acid to the pool as listed below.
3. Leave pump off for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Turn back on the pump.
5. Stay out of pool for 30 minutes.
6. You can repeat this procedure after at least 4 hours.
Where To Add Product To The Pool
1. DO NOT POUR AROUND THE EDGE OF THE POOL
2. Pre-dissolve Minus or muriatic acid in a bucket of water. Fill bucket with water and then add product.
3. Add in the deep end of the pool if there is one.
4. DO NOT ADD NEAR LIGHTS, LADDERS, SKIMMERS, INLETS OR ANYTHING METAL IN YOUR POOL
Your pool may differ. Use the general guidelines above for your pool.
Call With Questions 309.346.1420
2030 Broadway St. | Pekin, IL